June 24th 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Managing injuries, illness and disability in the workplace is challenging especially in “safety sensitive” workplace environments. This session introduces an integrative, consensus, interest based workplace model to assist workplace parties with developing a successful, effective and results based workplace accommodation program for physical and psychological disabilities. Discover how a union can be a valuable asset in helping design, develop and implement a workplace Early and Safe Return and
Workplace Accommodation Program, risk management initiatives and preventative programs and more.....This Model was nominated for the Province of Ontario “Amethyst” Award.
• The Participant will have a better understanding of the importance of engaging bargaining agent representatives in the design, development and implementation of a Workplace Accommodation Program.
• The Participant will be orientated to an effective workplace model for managing Early and Safe Return to Work and Workplace Accommodation.
• The Participant will be orientated to “best practice” processes, resources and tools for implementing a Workplace Accommodation Program.
• The Participant will have a better understanding on how this approach could be considered a “cultural change” initiative in historically “combative” workplace environments.
• The Participant will have a different orientation on how to meet “due diligence” obligations under the Workplace Legislative Framework and the collective agreement.
Facilitator: Ms. Viki Scott, RC (c); BSc OccHealth; RRP; CHRM; MBA; ADR(c)
President and Principal Consultant of Scott & Associates Inc.
Approach: 90 Minute - Interactive Presentation
References: This Presentation has been showcased at the following Conferences
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineers “CSSE” National Conference – Winnipeg, Manitoba - 2019
- International Forum on Disability Management – Canadian Delegate – Vancouver B.C. - 2018
- ADRIC National Conference – St. John, Newfoundland - 2017
- International Association Rehabilitation Professionals “IARP” - Annual Conference – St. Louis Missouri - 2017
CEU ID: 23500.
Managing Workplace Accommodation in a Unionized “Safety Sensitive” Workplace Environment – A Workplace Model
VRAC-VRA:OS(web)-MWAUSSWE:WM-2020-1.50 1.5 0 0
Society Managing Workplace Accommodations in a Unionized "Safety Sensitive" Workplace Environment: A Workplace Model 2020 7
Register Online - Contact VRA Ontario Office for registration code for VRA Ontario Members and Ontario CAVEWAS members.