Why Become a Member?
VRA Ontario members share in the benefits associated with a strong vibrant association that advocates on their behalf and continues to promote the benefits of hiring a VRA Professional. Members are provided with ongoing opportunities for continuing education, shared best practices and the chance to share with likeminded group of professionals. They are also eligible to receive a variety of valuable professional designations, including the Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) designation and The Registered Community Support Specialist (RCSS) designation.
If you have not renewed your VRA Membership for the current year:
Renewal forms for Associate, Professional, Student and Retired Members are also provided to assist those members who do not wish to register online. Renewal forms are available on the VRA Canada website and can be printed and mailed to VRA Canada office.
The Canadian Assessment, Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment Society (CAVEWAS) is a national society of VRA Canada, dedicated to identifying and promoting issues relevant to vocational evaluation and career preparation/placement services.
Becoming a VRA Ontario member offers the opportunities to:
- Develop professional relationships, build confidence and keep skills current
- Network with National and Society members across the province and the nation
- Remain informed of best practices in the field
- Attend National and Society conferences – our Ontario Society holds spring and fall conferences
- Take advantage of individual benefits through VRA Canada membership including professional liability insurance coverage built into the membership fee structure
- Receive group discounts for conference attendance
- Get selected hotel discounts
- Post ads on our Ontario Society website – accessible to all visitors to our site – with discounted rates for our members
- Access continuing education credits
- Receive Rehab Matters, our national publication
- Receive Ontario Speaks, our Ontario Society newsletter
- Make your professional voice heard by contributing articles to our publications
- Be listed on our Online Members Directory – and find peers who have elected to be on our public domain
- Make use of our Links section, oriented to our Ontario Society membership, giving quick access to the resources we need to manage and perform our professional work – now under development – we welcome your input – send us your ideas, resources and links!
- Connect with Social Media – VRA Ontario utilizes the technology and business-oriented social interactions of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter utilities
- Celebrate a member at our Fall Conferences – new! – starting in 2015 – the Outstanding Contribution, Vocational Rehabilitation Ontario Award – nominate a peer
- Access our Travel Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP) in support of members requiring assistance to attend VRA Ontario conferences
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION, VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION ONTARIO AWARD
Once you join VRA Canada you automatically become a member of your regional VRA Society. There are no additional fees for membership in regional Societies.
Not a member? Join us now!
To join VRA ON click here